Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easy as Falling Off a Blog


Not sure how it happens, but it seems like the MORE time I have, the less I get done. You would think as a teacher, and with it being summer, I'd have ample opportunity to mow my lawn, do some writing, put away my winter clothes, install the bathroom window that's been in the garage since Thanksgiving, and update my blog. But somehow between all the napping and bike riding and swimming (okay, floating) and picnicking and napping, things go undone.

But, I'm happy to report that as of July 3rd, my bulky sweaters have been stowed away and my summer clothes are now taking up residence in their former home. Unfortunately, due to the extreme heat in the attic, they all shrunk, so I had to add "Properly ventilate attic" to my To Do... list. But at least I did some writing!

And the lawn does get mowed – sometimes twice a week. I’m sure I make quite the sight circling around in my shrunken shorts and too tight t-shirt, but at least my grass looks good. Okay, it’s not really grass – more like clover and dust, as I can never find the time to properly weed or water it. But at least it’s freshly cut clover. And all the dust I kick up gives me an excuse not to wash the cars, as, well, they’ll just get dirty again.

As for the window, I have no such excuses. Frankly I’m intimidated by it. The bathroom came out so beautiful. The walls so pristine, that I’m having a tough time gathering up the nerve to mess around with it. But I will. As soon as I man up and hang the mirror. And install the towel rack.

That only leaves my abandoned blog, which has gone unupdated since May 29th – and even THAT is a bit of a stretch, as it was a guest post by a student, but I’m counting it. 


Just like I’m counting this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment